my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Time for a cool change

After perusing so many fabulous scrap/craft rooms on Pinterest, I decided that I needed a color change in my space. We moved to this house just over a year ago and I was so crazy busy just trying to move in that I didn't take the time to paint my scraproom. My latest color combo obsession has been aqua, orange and brown, so of course I used that palette for my inspiration. Last Thursday, I jumped in and tackled the task. After three days of moving furniture, painting and using muscles I hadn't used for awhile, the job is complete! I'm a little sore and exhausted but it's so worth it. Take a look at the before and after...






I still have a little tweaking to do (window treatments, wall art, etc.) but I truly love the transformation. The color is Benjamin Moore Barely Teal and it just makes me happy!

What colors make you happy and inspired to create? I'd love to hear your favorite color combos. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. girl I would kill to have your room! I love this color and it's so light and airy and fresh! I would never leave this room! LOL - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See if I can get this to finally post!
    I love your room and new color!
    Definitely inspires me to want to get mine painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cool relaxing colors and I have to congratulate you on actually painting it yourself. I believe that God created painters for people like me................I go online look under "P" check out yelp and I'm all set! If I had to paint my arthritis would ensure that I wouldn't be able to move for a month............then I couldn't shop to fill my room.........Yours looks wonderful..........Youth...............I miss it a lot LOL

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)