my favorite things

my favorite things

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Core'dinations July Challenge

It's time for another Core'dinations challenge. (BTW, I was the co-winner of last month's challenge! Yay, me! lol

This month's challenge is to create a layout or card using a specific color combo.
Here is the inspiration:


and the following is my take...




I actually dusted off my Fiskars Shape Boss (circa 2001) to emboss the border of the layout. I used a journaling template to emboss my stitch lines for the banner.

Products used:

Core'dinations
Whitewash Wicker Chair
Whitewash Barn Siding
Vintage Collection Sun Coral
Core Color Rivulet
Vintage collection (blue, I can't find the specific name)
Patterned paper: Crate Paper Emma's Shop Quilts
Alphas: Thickers Dots
Sassafras Scripts
My Mind's Eye Lime Twist
Twine: The Twinery

These pics are from two years ago and I could never get motivated to scrap them. Along came this challenge which was absolutely PERFECT and gave me the scrappy jumpstart I needed. Hop on over to the Core'dinations blog and give this fun challenge a try!

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Love it! So summery! And congrats on being last month's winner! Yay you is correct, my friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, I love this page... and wayy to go on bringing the Shape Boss back into existance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous layout! the colors are perfect for your photos and the banner is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those photos are perfect for this challenge! congrats on co-winning last month-way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win!! Oh, your layout is fab. I really like the color combo, too! Thanks for the welcome at FTLOA!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)