my favorite things

my favorite things

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Fresh = Summer Fun

I started scrapping July 4th, 2011 photos last year but never finished them. I just couldn't get into a groove, but it's all good because along came the Summer Fresh collection from Simple Stories along with Cocoa Daisy's June kit. ♥ This collection captures the essence of my photos with it's simple, fun designs with a homespun feel. The first two layouts are a mishmosh of My Mind's Eye, Jenni Bowlin, Studio Calico...
The following layout was created from the 6/24/12 Sunday Sketch at www.StudioCalico.com. I used a blank tag and embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. I then used Distress Ink to highlight the stars. I think it's my favorite thing on the layout!
I love using WRMK divided page protectors. It's a great way to add lots of photos with touches of scrappy products.
It was such a beautiful day -- we had just set up for lunch outside and a huge thunderstorm came rolling through (of course.) We opened up the barn and took the party inside. You may think the fireworks pics are from our local show but you would be mistaken -- yes, my dear husband is responsible for the pyrotechnic extravaganza! Here's to waiting a whole year to finish a group of photos. Thank you, Simple Stories, for coming to my rescue. Wishing you all a fun-filled summer!

2 comments:

  1. You do such great multi photo pages! And I love the individual photos in the first one with the frames! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The layouts and the WRMK pages are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)