my favorite things

my favorite things

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cardstock Challenge

This is my kind of challenge. It showcases the Core'dinations and works perfectly with my clean, simple style of scrapping!
I wanted to play off the beach idea, so I took some Core' and embossed the heart, initials, and date to mimic drawing in the sand. I also tore strips of Core to represent the water. I added some Ranger Holographic Embossing Powder to the torn edge of the Core' to show the light from the sun dancing on the water. The following are a few pics of my process and I have a few tips/trick to show you. If you want to make 3X3 photos from 4X6, just take a 3X3 clear stamping block to use as a frame to decide where to make your cuts.
Tip #2. To write letters/numbers backwards for embossing, just lay a set of stamps upside down and it's so easy to draw them!
A close up of the holographic embossing powder and the embossed and sanded initials.
Thanks for the challenge, Debbie! If you're inspired to join in on the crop, check it out here.

8 comments:

  1. Great LO! I love the look of the letters written in the sand!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great idea for your letters in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea to do the letters in the sand, they look fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout...the letters in the sand look great and the waves look real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this page - pinned it. And that's a great tip that I will be using soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. This is beautiful. And great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous page Sherry - this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)