my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sketch Inspiration & Fall Layouts

A few months ago I created a Pinterest board for scrapbooking sketches. One sketch I pinned was by Cherie Averill via Sassy Sketches. I'm not sure this site is still in existence but thanks to the Internet and Pinterest, this sketch is still floating around the web.

Thanks to my friend Steve for taking these adorable photos at the pumpkin patch. I typically use a sketch as a starting point and end up doing my own thing. On this particular layout, I followed it exactly because I love the design. I did make a 2-page layout as you can see.

I was on a roll with fall photos and ended up with two more layouts. I used the banner stamps from Cocoa Daisy's Nov. kit Navy Pier to create this cute little banner.
How adorable are these little leaves created from Cocoa Daisy stamps and a Kaleidacolor stamp pad - so fun and cute! I also got crafty with my sewing machine and did a zig-zag stitch to frame the layout.
All of the layouts were created using Cocoa Daisy's October kits Aspen Grove and Switchback.

Feel free to share some of your favorite sketch sites, I'm always on the hunt for great inspiration! Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Your layouts made me smile! I love all of the little touches and I really love 2 pagers. TFS and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were busy this weekend creating :)
    I love your layouts they are so bright and fun.
    Great use of the sketch and how you made it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...you've been busy! Great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUSY~! LOL!! LOVELY pages - great take on the sketch challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall layouts are adorable. I love how many big pics you get on a page!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)