my favorite things

my favorite things

Friday, December 28, 2012

Citrus Twist Sketch Challenge

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and are enjoying this holiday season. Even though I haven't touched my December album for days, I decided that I needed to do some scrapping.

I was instantly inspired by the Sunday Sketch at Citrus Twist, so I decided to run with it. October's kit, Blue Sky had the perfect papers and embellishments to use with my photos.
I used machine stitching to add dimension and used a combination of embossed and wooden stars. I love the soft and subtle look this creates. You may click on the photos to enlarge.
How fun is this roller stamp (Amy Tangerine) that came with the kit - love it!
It feels great to get back into a scrappy groove. If you're needing some inspiration, check out Citrus Twist - every Sunday a new sketch is up on their blog. They also have fun and fabulous tutorials during the week. It's cold and rainy here, I might as well have some fun getting creative. Enjoy this last weekend of 2012!

2 comments:

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)