my favorite things

my favorite things

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Monochromatic Challenge

Today's Scrap Your Stash Challenge at Two Peas was to use a monochromatic color scheme. Luckily, I also received Cocoa Daisy's July kits in the mail today so I didn't have to go searching for products. I selected blue as my color, based on my photos, and let my creativity run wild. I started with Elle's Studio Saltwater paper (endless summer) because of the blue text. I mixed Golden Fluid Acrylic paint (Cerulean Blue Chromium) with Golden Gel Medium (Soft Gel Gloss), and a little water to thin it down. I painted directly on the patterned paper to create my background for my photos. A Jenni Bowlin paint dauber was used to add color to the jillibean soup corrugated alphas. I then used Martha Stewart glitter and gel medium to give the letters a little more sparkle.

My Silhouette Cameo was used to cut out first and a Silhouette Sketch Pen was used for our. Glossy Accents was used to glue down the Dew Drops. The stamps from Cocoa Daisy's July kit were stamped onto vellum and heat-embossed with Zing (of course!) and I used foam dots to create dimension. Finally, I used StazOn, Gelatos, and paint to color the Studio Calico cork embellishments.


There you have it. Who knew a monochromatic color challenge would lead into so many fun techniques?! You cannot believe the mess I have created from just one layout! I'm going to grab a little snack and clean up so I don't have to face it in the morning. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)