my favorite things

my favorite things

Friday, October 11, 2013

Nesting for Fall

We've had a glorious Fall so far (a welcome change from our rainy summer!) and I've been doing little projects to welcome the season. Here is a simple centerpiece I made today and it makes me feel warm and cozy just looking at it.


Last week I found some fabulous, painted windows at a local craft fair and snatched them up instantly. I've been looking for something to hang on either side of a photo of our children and the windows were perfect. The panes already had clear photo holders attached! The hardest part was deciding which photos to print. I searched in my attic and found two gold buffet lamps and decided a little spray paint would give them a completely different vibe. Here is the before:


I still needed a couple of accessories, so I went to my favorite local shop (Sophie's) and found just what I needed. Click on this photo to see the completed project.

Every day when we walk by this, it's a gentle reminder to have a thankful heart. I think I'm almost done nesting for Fall. On tomorrow's agenda is our first bonfire and perhaps baking our first pumpkin pies of the season. Thanks for stopping by, wishing you a lovely fall, filled with your favorite people and things! ♥

5 comments:

  1. I've been busy decorating for Autumn too, and ohhhh you've done it just so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your autumn decor! Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do much decorating for all, but I think I may use that popcorn candle idea. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your center piece!!!! Love the popcorn idea too! Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)