my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Silhouette Sunday

A couple of weeks ago, I helped a friend learn the basics of cutting on the Silhouette. I will admit, I'm a little lazy when it comes to using it, but after helping her, I realized how much I love this machine and it's a shame not to use it more. The Sunday Sketch from Studio Calico's blog today, was all the inspiration I needed to fire up my machine. I started with the large star and decided to back it with a couple of circle cuts. The title is from Kerri Bradford's July Fourth collection. Since the title is so delicate, I machine-stitched it to the star. It's amazing how quickly a layout can come together with the Silhouette!


I'm going to challenge myself to use my Silhouette more often, starting with the rest of these photos from July, 2012! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout - I love how you used non-patriotic papers but made it very patriotic!! love it.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)