my favorite things

my favorite things

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Altering/Stretching Your Stash

Just a quick post today showing my latest layout. Yesterday I found myself with some (forced) free time and thought I would make the best of it. As I was deleting phone pics the other day, I came across several that I wanted to scrap. I love these fun shots of my kids, having a sweet moment together. My daughter actually had her arm around her brother (doesn't happen often here!), and I just love the silly, candid expressions on her face.


I love how the colors in the photos work so well with my Hip Kit stash! A few tips regarding the rub-ons and the die cut ephemera packs: To make the rub-ons go farther, I cut the circles so I could use them in different spots on my layout. I also layered the "love" circle rub-on onto a die cut, which gave it some added interest. The "Life is Better With a Smile" diecut had yellow letters, so I took a couple of Faber-Castell brush pens and changed the color to match my layout. I also added machine stitching to some of the die cuts and the background paper for a special touch.


It's always a fun challenge to alter embellishments to make them work for a layout, don't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Nice page - sweet photos. I like to do a little altering of embellishments to make them work too, but I never do anything too complicated. These are good tips that I would try. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)