my favorite things

my favorite things

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Matching Photos with Patterned Paper

Call me old school, but I still love to match photos with patterned paper. This layout is a perfect representation of that. I had a lovely vacation photo of our children at a marina. The soft peachy-pink hue of the sun setting in the sky was absolutely gorgeous that night. When I received Hip Kit Club's January kit, it had lots of the peachy-pink color which made this layout come together so easily.


I wanted to use the green and white paper, but it was a little too green for the photo, plus I wanted a touch of blue to compliment the clothing. I went over some of the v-shaped design with a blue Faber-Castell brush pen and placed vellum over the top to soften it. Vellum is my scrappy friend; it's amazing how it can transform the look of a paper.


We survived January without much winter weather (thankfully!); here's hoping February is the beginning of an early spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)