my favorite things

my favorite things

Monday, April 4, 2016

Mood Board Mixed Media

It's Pinspire Me Monday at Paper Issues. I was instantly smitten with the image of the beautiful flowers on the mood board. To see the stunning mood board, check out the Paper Issues blog. I thought it would be fun to do a mixed-media project and the Bella Blvd. Illustrated Faith (She Blooms) patterned paper was perfect for the project! I had an old canvas lying around that was never finished so I grabbed it and put a coat of gesso on it. I fussy-cut several flowers and hand-cut stems, leaves, and the vase. I played around with flower placement until I was happy and took a quick photo with my phone for reference.


I pulled out acrylic paints and started layering paint on top of the flowers to make them pop and add dimension to the piece. I wanted to keep the clean, fresh look of the inspiration image, so I didn't get too messy with it. I absolutely love the end result. I decided to hand it on my craft room door because it makes me happy!


As you can see, I also painted on the sides and wrapped some flowers & leaves around the edge. It's a fun, little detail that I love to add, especially if the canvas will be seen from the side. I adore this paper so much that I also created a layout with it! It will be on the Paper Issues blog in a couple of weeks. Lots of fun things happening at Paper Issues... ISpywithPI started a few days ago. Be sure to join the FB group and share all your gorgeous spring photos. You'll definitely be inspired to scrap and more importantly, have beautiful photos to jump-start your mojo!

4 comments:

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)