my favorite things

my favorite things

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Inspired by Nature - Challenged by Paper

For the past month, I've taken many photographs of nature's beauty (mostly flowers), because the blooms and colors have been so breathtaking.

Last week, Melissa from Clique Kits, challenged us (Clique Kits Facebook group) to use the bold and beautiful Fancy Pants Attwell floral patterned paper. Although I love the paper, it's tough to use as a background because of the scale of the flowers and the explosion of color.


In my opinion, the best way to showcase patterns like this is to fussy-cut the flowers. That way, you get the effect of the big blooms without it taking away from your photos. I cut a few flowers out and played around with the composition until I was happy with it. Bold titles cut from these types of papers is another great way to let the paper shine- I'm thrilled with the impact it gives. I used a strip of photos so that your eye would still be drawn to the photos.


This is now my new favorite layout! ;) My advice is to take photos!!! Eventually inspiration or a challenge will come along and you'll be ready for it! Thanks for stopping by my blog! ♥

2 comments:

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for visiting! :)